Monday, October 4, 2010

The Fall of Release

Fall is typically the time for things of new... For everything but mother nature. The fall line up on television rears its head, great video games seem to come out each week, and fantastic music all come out right at the same time.
For example, last tuesday a small game named Halo Reach came out. Thinking back on the games that have come out this year, they seem to shy in comparison to Halo Reach (with the exception of Red Dead Redemption and StarCraft II.) So, as gamers get their game time in protecting Reach from the Convenant, another small little game called Civilization V came out today. Now, Civilization V is more of a cult game than Reach is. It has a very loyal following, but since the game only comes out on the PC (minus Civ Revolution) only those special breed of gamers on the PC have access to it. Time management is becoming a must if one is to get their prime game time in now a days. I'm juggling StarCraft II, World of Warcraft, and Reach currently, and I have to say it's getting tough because I have friends on each game that want to play. But, let's look ahead a little further. Later next month, Fable III and Fallout New Vegas comes out, and then in November we have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Little Big Planet 2, and World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. All BIG games for the gaming industry. And most of them have collector's editions, which if your a geek like I am, you have to get for a whopping $79.99 (or even 149.99 for the Call of Duty Prestige edition). Things are getting tough financially for the gamer.

But moving on, this is just a pleasant surprise for me, but music wise, today I learned that a new Jimmy Eat World album and a Ben Folds album comes out on 9.28.10. That's NEXT week. 2010 has been a fantastic year for music, no matter what genre you're interested in. I can only hope that someday soon our "Pop" artists steer away from this odd techno dance funk everyone seems to be stuck in. I guess I miss the 90's and early 2000's music too much sometimes.
Lastly, Manhattan Boardwalk is another HBO blockbuster that will be dominating television like the Sopranos once did. Sadly, I don't have HBO, so I have to look forward to new episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia each week! Now don't get me wrong, there are many other television programs coming out this fall, but when it's aired on CBS or NBC I tend to be wary. Hawaii 5-0 actually has been well received in closed showings, so I'm actually kind of excited for that. "Book 'em Dan-O."

Books - The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro.
Anyways, this year has been a busy year, and it will only get more crazy as it goes by. I just hope that the Comic Book industry starts kicking back in gear soon. Maybe once Bruce Wayne returns...
Now go and conquer the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment